SUD-OPB Now Seeking Applicants
The Board of Commissioners is accepting applications to fill two three-year terms on the Substance Use Disorder Oversight Policy Board.To be considered, appointee must fall into one of the three categories listed below:
- Public and private SUD prevention, treatment or recovery providers, where conflicts of interest do not exist;
- Individuals directly served by substance use treatment/rehabilitation or prevention programs or otherwise in recovery from a substance use disorder, and individuals with lived experience; and
- The community at large, including civic organizations, the corporate community, representatives from the medical community, law enforcement, faith-based organizations, military veterans, and interested citizens who are willing to advocate for prevention, treatment, and recovery services for persons with, or who are at risk for SUD.
Duties of Substance Use Disorder Oversight Policy Board members include:
- Approving the portion of the Macomb County Community Mental Health Budget for substance use disorder treatment or prevention
- Identifying substance use needs and resources; recommending substance use goals and priorities
- Providing advice and counsel and otherwise aid in the development of coordinated programs and plans for the delivery of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery
How to apply:
Applications for the position can be found here or by visiting boardsandcommissions.macombgov.org.
Notarized application forms and submission materials should be mailed/delivered to:
Macomb County Board of Commissioners 1 South Main Street, 9th Floor Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Attention: Boards/Commissions Appointments
Interested individuals should submit original, signed applications to the Board Office no later than 5 PM on August 29, 2022. Applicants should expect to attend the Government Oversight Committee meeting on September 8, 2022, at 3 PM for a public interview. Appointments will take place at the September 15th Full Board meeting.